Sunday, January 5, 2014

Welcome to 2014!

Welcome to 2014! 
 Opal hardly holds still long enough for me to take close shots like this.

Day 67:

Hope everyone had a happy New Year and is ready to get the year going.  I was recently invited to join a 12 week horsemanship challenge group on Facebook.  12 weeks, 40 hours and in those 40 hours, get 30 rides in.  Its simple really, if you want to progress forward, you have to put in the work.  This group started as a winter challenge group for a couple of friends, to hold themselves accountable and push through the winter gloom, funk, and come out with a stronger bond with their mount of choice.  Since Ehawee will be ridden soon again, I picked Opal because I can ride her now.  I'll be logging those hours at the end of each post I do here.It starts January 5th and runs through March 29th.

Today Opal and I spent time grooming, working on ground manners, picking hooves, and games in the arena.  This was after she decided to follow me into my tack room.  As far as she could get in...which was the back wall.  Twice!  Silly mare.

 Opal's shenanigans today.


12 week challenge 
Hours logged today: 2
Total hours: 2
Rides: 0

Ehawee:

Ehawee is looking so much better now that she has some weight on her.  She's even got some spunk in her step.  I spent time with her grooming her and letting her stretch her legs out since it was her first day back after the holidays.

 Ehawee having fun today.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment