Sunday, April 6, 2014

Where did March go?

Where did March go?

Lots of fluff coming off.


Days 96/97(I'm going to stop counting at day 100):
 
I was out of town visiting family for a few days, then we got rain...and even more rain.  I know we need it, but its been cutting into my horsey time.  Oh well.
 
Opal is loosing all of her winter fluff.  Finally!  I thought I might have to shave her down if she didn't start soon.  We worked on ground tying today, because she seemed to have totally forgotten how to in the last week.  The three mares (Opal, Ehawee, and Satin who is owned by Sarah and is in the pasture with my girls) got turned out into the arena today to run and play.  There was a huge puddle in it, and they eventually took to playing in it.  Satin and Ehawee romped and ran, while Opal stood by me as I took pictures.  She could not be bothered by their shananagains.  
 
 

Having fun in the arena.



Left: Opal started the water play, and Satin decided to show her how it was done.  
As you can see as you go from left to right, Opal didn't want to deal with these shenanigans.





 She also didn't want to deal with those shenanigans either.


Both Opal and Ehawee have been getting lounged as well a few times a week.  They don't always want to listen and often want to talk to the other boys at the ranch if they are out....Mares!
 
 
 Ehawee jumping barrels.
 
 
Opal working in the round pen. 





No comments:

Post a Comment