Sunday, June 15, 2014

Settling in

Settling in. 
Happy mares enjoying the warm sun and soft footing.

I can hardly believe its been 2 weeks!  Seems like we just moved in last night still.  The great news is both my girls have settled into a nice routine in the barn.  They are now eating their full meals before the next meal arrives, they were not use to getting so much food!  It's good to see them with full, happy tummies.  

Linda (who half leases Ehawee) is head over heels with the new barn as well and how the girls are doing.  Linda is able to lead both mares out to the round pens or turn out for some exercise and take them back to their homes.  I'm quite pleased with how things are going.  They also seem to have quite the fan club, several other boarders have come by to meet them and ask questions about the 'new mustangs'.  

BLM came out this week to look in on Opal for her title. Even though I had informed them about what was going on and having involved my vet several months ago, and my reason for moving my girls, her title has to wait until next month so Opal has more time to put weight back on.  My Vet sent off a letter to BLM informing them of her progress and steps we took over the last several months to aid in her weight gain, so there's a record going of what I have done to help them both.  (THANK YOU MARCIA!) The owner of the barn I am at knows me and Opal as well and put in a good word to the inspector for me as well (THANK YOU TAMI!)

Since the move 2 weeks ago, I can already see a major difference in their behavior and both are putting weight on.  I used the weight tape to get a base line for them the day after the move. 

Opal's current weight: 960 (came home at 1,200)
Ehawee's current weight 750 (should be 900)

Progress is being made since both mares are gaining and have much more energy these days when lounging and turned out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment