Sunday, June 15, 2014

CMC Horsemanship Welcomes High Rock Emerald to training

CMC Horsemanship Welcomes
High Rock Emerald to training.

While off on my Mule Days adventure with family and friends of family, I got brought into a discussion about training a mustang or a mule for the Douglass'.  The Douglass' and my Family go way back and we have been involved in horses for.....a long time....have attended wedding for the 'kids' in the family, babies showers for those 'kids', vacations and camping trips, horse shows, the list goes on.  The point being is that in my mind, Ken and Carol Douglass and their 'kids' (they are only a few years younger than I am) are family.

Carol wanted a mustang.  I started looking though my Facebook mustang groups to see what I could find.  I came across a little stout bay mare named Emerald from the High Rock HMA, the same one my Opal is from.  She caught Carol's eye immediately.  Emerald is a 3 year old Mustang mare.  We made plans for me to go see Emerald where she was being gentled down by TIP trainer Danielle Alfaro in Grass Valley, Ca.

I have another friend I met through Facebook who adopted another High Rock mustang and she didn't live too far away from where I was going so I asked if she wanted to meet up the same day.  Tabitha Mitchell met Opal at the BLM corrals before I adopted her and she thought she was a super sweet girl then.  We had lunch and then went up to see her 3 boys, Sam Elliot, Briggs (from High Rock), and Drifter.  Sam wasn't too sure about this stranger in his pasture with HIS Mom....until he realized I was feeding carrots to Briggs and Drifter.  (Like I would show up with out a little snack for ponies....upon Owner approval of course.)  We spent a little over a hour in the pasture meeting the boys and the other horses on the property before I had to head over to meet Emerald.

 Sam wasn't going to leave his Mom's side with this 'stranger' here.

 Briggs (left/center) looks like a 16 hand version of Opal build wise.  Drifter (right) just turned a year old.


I made my way over to meet Emerald and Danielle.  We had a nice chat, worked with Emerald a while, took lots of pictures and videos to send off to the Douglass' to go over.  Since they were just getting home from a camping trip that Sunday, I knew it would be a couple days before anything was decided.  
Emerald and her TIP trainer Danielle Alfaro.

Something about this mare kept pulling om Carol and by Wednesday plans were in motion for them to bring the truck and trailer up to see her in person and adopt her if they connected.  Barn was on notice and BLM was on notice.  By 6 pm on Friday the 13th, Emerald had worked her magic and was loaded in the trailer to head for her new home for the next year, Cypress Stables, where she will be in training with me.  



On the 14th, Emerald's first day at Cypress Stables, she got to enjoy some turn out time with lots of love and attention form several people at the barn.  She's calm and happy with all the attention and has made friends with the horse next to her Lucas.  Ehawee is her other neighbor, and Ehawee is trying to make sure Emerald (or Emmy for short) knows who the Alpha mare is.  This first week will be mostly turning her out and walking her aound the barn, letting her get to see the facility before I start asking a lot of her work wise.

Welcome to CMC Horsemanship High Rock Emerald!












No comments:

Post a Comment