Friday, November 22, 2013

Mud Ponies

Mud Ponies! 
 Rain, Rain, go away.

Day 61:

Well, it's been a long week.  A few days of rain, followed by a few days of strong, and cold winds.  While I know we need the rain, I really am not a fan of the mess it makes.  However, it does provide me with an opportunity to work on large puddles of water since we are not within walking distance of a creek.  


My muddy ponies after 2 days of rain.

Before asking my horses to walk in the water, I walk through it myself to make sure the footing isn't too slippery, muddy, or deep.  I let Opal see the water and approach it at her own speed.  She had no hesitation following me through them.  We have more rain on the way later in the week, but with any luck, the parched ground will soak it up quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment