Sunday, November 10, 2013

LRTC Sunday Playday

LRTC Sunday Play day.

Opal and Ehawee in the arena for group exercises.

Day 58:

Opal is slowly leveling out and we've had a nice relaxing week of fun.  We had a nice sized group of people and horses out today for our play day.  We started in the round pen working with Mustang Aurora owned by Mairalaina Batoog.  We worked with Aurora on getting use to other people in her space by playing the hokey pokey (yes we danced and sang along) as well has having people approach her and touch her with a pole.  

Next we moved the horses to the arena, including my two mares, to work together as one herd.  We sent them around the arena and after several minutes, let them seek out their owners.  Opal and Ehawee found each other, then found me.  

We then brought in the hippy hop balls.  We began by rolling them all around.  As I went to grab one, Opal decided I was in a good spot to roll, so I let her.  She rolled twice right next to me and let me pet her as well.  HUGE!  It takes a lot of trust for a horse to roll near people as they are vulnerable while they are down on the ground.  Shortly after Ehawee took a nice roll.  I love these girls.

 Arena fun.


 Here we have horses from different pastures and corrals working together as a large herd.





No comments:

Post a Comment