Wednesday, March 5, 2014

10 rides to go!

10 rides to go!

Giving loves from the fence.

Day 87/88/89:

Well, we got hit with a lot of rain over several days.  Don't get me wrong, we need it, it just kills my riding time and resurrects stall mucking time.  I love the rain, just not the mess it makes.  However, when life gives you lemons, throw one back and say 'Fine!  I'll do my OWN thing!'

 Much needed rain brings not so much needed mud.
 
Big puddles in the arena, avoid riding or training tool?  As long as the footing is ok (I always walk the arena after a rain) I say use it to your advantage.  The other option is to run a hose for hours during the summer, and that's wasteful, and we're in a drought.  Opal and I have had a few rides over the week and a half, but I managed to shoot a video of her ride today.  We hit ride #20 for our challenge, only 10 more to go!  Most of our rides are spent working to keep her on the rail in the direction I'm wanting her to go and not the way she want to go.  She also listens well to my Daughter when she rides.  





12 week challenge 

Total hours: 45
Rides: 20

Ehawee is coming around nicely and is due to have her feet trimmed this month, which will remove the last little chip from her injury last January.  My Daughter loves her pony.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment