Saturday, February 22, 2014

40 hour goal reached!

40 hour goal reached!
Opal likes to visit with my Daughter.

Day 82/83/84/85/86:

Wow, did this week go by fast!  The week was filled with lots of sun shine and riding.  In fact as of today Opal and I have hit our 40 hour mark for our 12 week riding challenge!   We now only need 15 more rides to complete it.

Given the chance, Opal will walk right off the rail and walk over to my daughter in her wagon or stroller and stop to visit with her.  I love that she loves my kid so much, but it creates a challenge sometimes when we're on the rail at a walk or trot and she tries to walk into the middle of the arena.  She's doing a little better with me on that issue because I put my leg on and open my outside rein.  Sometimes we trot the whole length of the arena at a near side pass.  One thing at a time.

Hey kid.

Opal worked in the arena with Greg and his Mustang Amigo this week as well.   Opal got to follow my at liberty while I set up a pole exercise to work the horses over.  My daughter really wanted to ride again, so I put her up on Opal once I was done working with her.  Opal walks so nicely with my Daughter on her back.  I love that they both love each other.

 In the arena.

Giving kids rides makes Opal sleepy.

Today a couple of my good friends came out to visit and play with the mares.  After a quick hack, I let them walk around the arena on them and when Ehawee was almost done, my daughter got to ride her.  Ehawee listened like a pro, walking and halting each time my daughter asked.  I love these mares.  

 Beautiful day for a ride.

Opal will now roll right next to me and allow me to pet her belly while she is on the ground.  It takes a lot of trust form both parties to do this and safety is key.  I love seeing her have a good roll, even if I cant give her a bath for a bit longer.  Is it summer yet??


 My Daughter riding her horse Ehawee.


12 week challenge 
Total hours: 40

Rides: 15



No comments:

Post a Comment